Thursday 19 June 2008

Things We Learn

I had the recent good opportunity to visit a children's home in Cheras. You may have passed it once or twice, or even every time you go home or go to work. I know I have. But this time, I paid the place a visit. It's simplyamazing that there is a place for these abandoned, orphaned children (some babies). These are children that were unwanted at birth but have been rescued from their dire circumstances and are now loved, by the dedicated staff that man the place (though most are women!). We are not aware of the good these people do, and the home they provide to those who are not as fortunate as us who do have homes.

Humanity still exists then, despite all.

On a lighter note, I've become quite a fan of Sandi Toksvig. If you get the chance, check her out or listen to her show on BBC Radio 4. Here she is, folks!



Ah isn't she lovely!

1 comment:

rahsia said...

glad that u're back.