Sunday 25 January 2009

I just want to be Filthy Rich!

You, reader, must know of my aversion (call it suppression if you like) to TV shows. But. I have made an exception and when I make exceptions, it has to be the best. After all, if you're going to do something - do it well. And so. Allow me to introduce you (fanfare please) to The Riches! 

The show follows the lives of a Traveler (Irish Gypsies who roam around the United States pick pocketing and conning their way about life) family who end up impersonating a dead man's life. It's got everything you need in a show: excellent dialogue, edge-of-your-seat-tongue-wagging-eyes-popping suspense, cross-dressing, Southern hospitality, lies, deceit, llamas, sex in a Benz, and of course, Eddie Izzard - who is at the moment, the bane of my existence. Yes. I am in love. It's a transcendental trashy unexplainable kind of love. Minnie Driver gives an excellent performance too. 

Right. Watch it if you can. You won't regret it. 
 


No comments: