Sunday 3 February 2008

Read Sontag but Listen to the Mikado

Yes that is my deifinition of a day in paradise. Ms Sontag has opened my horizons to new, albeit at times disturbing, thoughts. A wonderful writer - don't know when we'll see the likes of her again. But perhaps we won't and she'll remain the unique Sontag. As I think she should be kept in our literary hearts. I admire her bravery, her mind and her beauty. Soldier on, Sontag. Bet you're still writing somewhere out there.


Last night, Mum and I did the naturally art-farty thing and went to the opera. We dressed up, you'd better believe it. And when the music began, I knew I was going through the seven levels of Heaven. The stage was amazing and the performance simply stunning. I rested my chin on my hand and just oohed and ahhed. I gnashed my teeth and drew a sigh as it were. I grew up with the Mikado, you must understand. To see it live, was really something. I'm still in the audience, my eyes filled with such sights. Such sights indeed!

2 comments:

Michelle Yoon said...

I'm afraid Sontag left us about 4 years back...

But I agree with you. Her writings are beautiful.

communistkahlo said...

yes indeed. glad you agree.